Growmark Cooperative: An Insight For Farmers - QUICK REVIEW
Growmark Inc. is an agricultural supply cooperative that provides products, services, and grain marketing in the Midwest and Ontario, Canada. Growmark’s core member cooperatives that use the name FS are located in Illinois, Iowa, and Wisconsin. Having five subsidiaries and six retail subsidiary divisions, the co-op has an extensive retail network that serves more than 250,000 customers in 40 states as well as Ontario.
Growmark is focused on a comprehensive range of agronomy services, grain systems, marketing, commercial construction, energy, facility planning, logistics products and services, and risk management services.
Established early in the 1920s, Growmark continuously develops, adopts and promotes innovative technologies, as well as attracts young people who desire a future in agribusiness. Growmark Foundation provides $750 scholarships to students of fourteen Community Colleges in Illinois, Iowa, and Wisconsin, and $1,500 annual scholarships to students continuing higher education in community colleges, universities, and technical schools.
1001-5 000 employees
Propane, Refined Fuels and Lubricants, Grain, Crop Protection and Inputs, Seed, Agri-Finance, Logistics, Facility Planning, Agronomy, Energy
$8.7 billion (2019)
15 (IL, IA, WI, NE, SD, OH, MI, MN, MO, KY, MD, NJ, DE, PA, NY), and certain Growmark operations span 30 states and Ontario, Canada.
more than 270,000 farmers and customers.
1701 Towanda Ave, Bloomington, IL 61701, US
AREA OF ACTIVITY
Growmark is a full-service agriculture and energy supplier, and is also the third largest agriculture retailer in the US. Its strategic focus is to provide the necessary tools and support throughout the agricultural cycle and related activities. Thusly, Growmark and its subsidiaries are active producers, distributors, and suppliers of a wide range of products that include:
- Fertilizers (InVigoron, Breakdown, EnPower, FlexN, HiYield, FlexN, Certify, NutriFuse, GreenYard);
- Herbicides, pesticides, and insecticides (Radar, Bullzeye, Acellus, Entrax EZ, Infantry, Trifluence, Cavalry II, Kilter);
- Seeds (Growmark offers proprietary brandname seeds including FS InVISION, FS HiSOY, FS Wheat, FS Alfalfa, and has distribution agreements with DEKALB, Asgrow, and NK);
- Fuels (provides its own trademark FS Clean Flow gasoline and Dieselex Gold diesel fuel, and distributes Top Tier fuel. The company also offers winterized fuels, diesel exhaust fluid, biodiesel, and bioblends);
- Lubricants (United Lubricants, which is a Growmark division in Iowa);
- Propane (GROWMARK FS Mid-Atlantic);
- Agronomy and energy equipment (GROWMARK Tank & Truck Centers produce delivery trucks for liquid fuel, propane, as well as bulk oil industries. GROWMARK Agronomy Equipment has national account relationships with John Deere, Case IH, AGCO, and Caterpillar).
Growmark also provides service in the area of grain marketing (in partnership with COFCO International and marketing services by Growmark subsidiary, MID-CO COMMODITIES), logistics (specifically, transporting and storing fuel, propane, motor oils, as well as crops, fertilizers, and crop protection products), commercial construction, and even provides its members with its own electronic payments system.
FARMING SOFTWARE DISTRIBUTOR
Growmark team continuously cooperates with ag-tech startups as a testing or distribution partner. In 2019, Growmark had field trials testing over 20 new technologies and products.
The Growmark system is also a member of OADA – an open standards software project working to ensure farmers have full data access, security, and privacy.
Growmark has created the following tools for its farmers to help them improve their management systems:
Precision Ag Acres & FS AIS is a tool to help farmers specifically address the challenges of providing optimum fertility on diverse soils.
The MiField program delivers analytics from particular fields. The data is used to develop fertility plans focused on minimizing environmental impact, optimizing nutrients, and maximizing yield.
Monitor the state of your crops right from the office, learn about the slightest changes on-the-spot, make fast and reliable decisions on field treatment.